Join our Photo Challenge to support the RSPCA and DVConnect program, Pets in Crisis.
Pets in Crisis provides safe accommodation, food and vet care to pets whose families have escaped domestic and family violence, while they find safe, alternative accommodation. With an annual operating cost of more than $250,000 and no independent funding, Pets in Crisis needs your support.
To join the photo challenge:
· Take a photo of your pet, use a purple theme - dress them up, surround them in purple, be creative!
· Share your photo with family, friends and colleagues.
· Add the caption: Purple Pets for Pets in Crisis, include the hashtag #purplepetsforpetsincrisis, and a little blurb about this vital program.
· Share this page on social media - select the buttons in the green banner (desktop) / 'Share my page' (mobile), or share this link.
· Donate to support Pets in Crisis.
· Add the Purple Pets for Pets in Crisis Facebook frame to your Facebook profile picture.
Together we can make a difference in the lives of pets and their families affected by domestic and family violence. Thank you!
To access Pets in Crisis, call the DVConnect team anytime on 1800 811 811.
To report domestic and family violence:
· If an incident is happening now, or if anyone is seriously injured or in immediate danger, contact the police on Triple Zero (000) (Australia).
· For non-urgent domestic and family violence matters in Queensland, contact Policelink on 131 444 or request contact with police discreetly online at: https://www.police.qld.gov.au/domestic-violence
Domestic and family violence support:
· DVConnect Womensline 1800 811 811 (24 hour, 7 days a week)
· DVConnect Mensline 1800 600 636 (9am – midnight, 7 days a week)
Read more about Pets in Crisis.